"Every time you say something aloud, at least one pair of ears hears it."
This sounds like a good topic to start off this Blog. Since no one may ever read it, I may be just talking to myself. But, amazingly, talking to yourself can be a good thing.
The spoken word has great power. Today's learned people are just starting to realize this, but it has been known for centuries that when a statement is made aloud, it is more likely to be realized.
For instance, if a child wishes in their heart for a bicycle, or dreams in their mind about riding it, but never opens their mouth, they will be unlikely to have that dream fulfilled. If, however, that child talks about getting a bike, expresses the joy they would have if only they could ride around the neighborhood, it is very likely they will receive their hearts desire.
Now, as adults, most of us don't have a mom or dad or Santa Claus to fulfil our wishes. We do have our own selves that we look to for our needs and desires. The interesting thing is this: If we say to ourselves "I can't afford that", or "I'll never be able to get that", we most likely will talk ourselves out of ever believing that our desire will come true. If, however, we say "I believe I can find a way to get that", or "I know that can be mine", then surely we will find a way to win our heart's desire.
Human beings have brains that are hooked into the world around them. We see and hear and touch and smell and taste our world. The amount of information flooding into our brains at all times is amazing! But this information can be good or bad for us. The sight and smell of a beautiful flower affects us very differently than the sight and smell of a garbage heap.
One of the most powerful senses we have is our sense of hearing, in that it is hooked into our language. As sentient beings, our language is very important. There is a constant monologue going on in our head... describing the world to us. This monologue, though, reflects the world that we show it. If you've ever had a song 'stuck' in your head, many times the only way to remove that song from your internal monologue is to listen to a different song, played or sung out loud. The sound and words that we hear through our ears are stronger than those same words that we only think in our heads.
If we hear the words "You are a loser", our brain will take those words and repeat them over and over. They become 'stuck' in our monologue. And the more we repeat them, the more we believe them.
The only way to fight this is to use the spoken word! Yes, I mean we should talk to ourselves! We need to hear the good. We need to get the image of the flower, not the garbage heap. We need to say aloud and ‘out loud’ what we want, what we truly desire to hear.
Do you desire to be loved? Say it! Say it out loud! Say “I want to be loved”. Then say “I love you”! All love begins with knowing that we are lovable, and the only way to believe that is to love yourself. Even Jesus told us to 'love your neighbor as you love yourself'. And how do we love ourselves? We feed and clothe ourselves. We entertain ourselves. Is it so hard to say the words “I love you” to you?
Do you desire to have more in life? Perhaps you need a new car. Say the words. Say “I need a new car”. Say it out loud. Then say “I believe I can find a way to get a car”.
Yes, the monologue in our heads starts laughing right away. That monologue has been hearing for so long that you are poor, that you can’t afford anything new, that only other people get those types of things. Remember: That voice in your head only repeats what it hears. So you need to out-shout it! Argue with that little voice. You have more power, because you can speak the words out loud!
But…. Talking to yourself is silly! Only crazy people talk to themselves. People will think I’m strange.
That’s the little voice in your head that doesn’t know any better! Tell it to shut up and then tell it … tell yourself that you love you. You deserve the best in life. You deserve your hearts desire. Pretty soon, that voice will be agreeing with you. And that’s when you can change the world!
Talking to yourself is the most powerful tool that anyone can use. Use it to make your world better.
P.S. I talk to myself because I’m the only one who understands me – Dr. Who
No comments:
Post a Comment